I believe that health care should be a partnership where the patient comes to me for my expertise, but I may need to modify my recommendations depending on where that person is mentally, physically, socially and emotionally. Since life is fluid and ever changing, as that patient’s situation changes, we must make adjustments so the care fits the patient who ultimately makes the final decisions concerning their care. I love family medicine where we see the patient as a part of a much bigger world of family, work and community. I have learned a lot from my patients, and continue to be enriched by them sharing a part of their lives with me.
Range of Practice
I was drawn to a career in Family Medicine because I like all types of people; young and old, male and female and did not want to cut anyone out. Family medicine allows me to care for many members of a family which means I get to know the family dynamics and stressors that all people face and which can influence their health. That translates into being able to take better care of my patients. I have been privileged to watch babies grow up to have children of their own and feel honored that my patients have allowed me to help them through the tough times of their lives and also share the joys of the good times too. I do obstetrics and well child care, minor surgical procedures, joint injections and enjoy the whole gamut of adult ambulatory care.
- Women’s Health, including Obstetrics
- Babies and Children
- Preventative Care
Board Certifications / Re-certifications
American Board of Family Medicine
I love anything outdoors, especially hiking, canoeing, snowshoeing and gardening. I love to travel to new places. I enjoy musicals and collect creches, but have run out of room to display them at Christmas!
- American Academy of Family Practice
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Ramsey County Medical Society
- Current Member of Dakota County SHIP initiative to support breastfeeding
- Former Family Practice Chair at Divine Redeemer Hospital
- Former Member of the Healtheast Coordinating Committee for 4 years
- Former Chair of the OB-GYN Clinical Content Committee for 20 years
- Former Board member for Entira for 5 years
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 1981
St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center, St. Paul, Minnesota 1981-1984