I feel that caring for patients involves working with each person to achieve good health, to prevent the development of health problems as much as possible and to treat acute and chronic illnesses to the best of my ability.
I enjoy working with patients of all ages and I am capable of dealing with a wide variety of problems. I want my patients to feel comfortable talking to me about anything that affects their health status. Caring for the whole person is what family medicine is all about.
Range of Practice
Family Physicians have a broad range of training and experience. I care for patients of all ages including infants, children, adolescents, adults (including prenatal care and delivery) and the elderly. I also have extensive experience in obstetrical care and in gynecology, including colposcopy (evaluation and treatment of abnormal Pap smears.)
My practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, diagnosis and the treatment of acute and chronic illnesses in a variety of health care settings. I apply modern techniques to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the vast majority of common illnesses and injuries.
I feel that doctor-patient communication is important and encourage the role of the patient as a partner in health care. I get to know you and become familiar with your medical history, help coordinate your health care needs by serving as a patient advocate in all health related matters, including the appropriate use of consultants, health services and community resources. In my practice I strive for continuity of care for you and your family.
Board Certifications / Re-certifications
American Board of Family Medicine
- Singing with Sweet Adelines
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Practice
- American Medical Women's Association
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians, East Metro Chapter
- Minnesota Medical Women's Association
- Twin CIties Medical Society
- Chair of Entira Family Clinics Preventive Services Clinical Practice Committee
- Past Associate Medical Director for MinnHealth White Bear
- Clinical Associate Professor - University of Minnesota Family Practice
- Chairperson - Institute for Clinical Systems Integration Cervical Cancer Screening Committee
- American Board of Family Practice Diplomate